CNST 104 Solar Hot Water Installation (3.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Training for installers of solar water heating systems on or at buildings. This course is applicable to the installation contractor who must be knowledgeable about system design, and be able to adapt designs to fit a particular application or customer need.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Work safely at heights and with solar hot water and pool heating systems.
- Outcome 2: Analyze various system types and their components.
- Outcome 3: Adapt a system design to site/customer needs.
- Outcome 4: Plan the installation of solar collectors
- Outcome 5: Plan the installation of water heater and storage tanks.
- Outcome 6: Design necessary piping system.
- Outcome 7: Determine and install required tags and labels.
- Outcome 8: Perform a system checkout.
- Outcome 9: Analyze and troubleshoot a solar hot water system.