CNST 101B Photovoltaic Installation (1.5)
Lec-17.5, Lab-35, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
An introduction to the installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems. Hands on approach to the installation of PV systems and associated safety issues.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assess and apply safety procedures during installation of PV (photovoltaic) systems.
- Outcome 2: Conduct a site assessment for the maximum efficiency in PV system location.
- Outcome 3: Implement the mechanical design to be site appropriate.
- Outcome 4: Implement the electrical design to be site and desired load appropriate.
- Outcome 5: Identify and use appropriate terminology related to solar power, electrical systems and components.
- Outcome 6: Perform a PV system inspection and commissioning.