CNST 101A Photovoltaic Theory & Design (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
An introduction to the theory and design of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems and associated safety issues. Prepares students to take the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) entry level exam for PV Installer.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compare and contrast the history and current markets for Photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Outcome 2: Consider and adapt appropriate safety procedures for PV systems.
- Outcome 3: Conduct a site survey for the maximum efficiency in PV system location.
- Outcome 4: Design a PV system.
- Outcome 5: Select and evaluate components and subsystems appropriate to the site.
- Outcome 6: Design a procedure for a PV system checkout, commissioning and troubleshooting.