CNST 101 Photovoltaic Installation, Entry Level (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
An introduction to the design, installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems. A hands on approach to the installation of PV systems and associated safety issues. Prepares students to take the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) entry level exam for "PV Installer".
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the history and current markets for PV systems.
- Outcome 2: Work safely with Photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Outcome 3: Conduct a site assessment for the maximum efficiency in PV system location.
- Outcome 4: Select a PV system design.
- Outcome 5: Adapt the mechanical design to be site appropriate.
- Outcome 6: Adapt the electrical design to be site and desired load appropriate.
- Outcome 7: Use appropriate terminology and calculations related to solar power and electrical systems
- Outcome 8: Install subsystems and components appropriate to the site.
- Outcome 9: Perform a PV system checkout and inspection.
- Outcome 10: Maintain and troubleshoot a PV system.