CNST 1009 Residential Wiring
A beginning course in residential wiring. This hands-on course teaches the student the rules, methods and materials necessary to install a residential electrical system.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and understand the basic concepts of an alternating current circuit.
- Outcome 2: Interpret basic electrical theory, nomenclature, and units of measurement
- Outcome 3: Identify and understand the basic concepts of a direct current circuit.
- Outcome 4: Identify and select the appropriate materials for a given task.
- Outcome 5: Differentiate the types and choose the appropriate tools for a given task.
- Outcome 6: Install a residential wiring system in compliance with national, state and local codes.
- Outcome 7: Recognize and apply safety practices.