CNST 1007 Blueprint Reading
This course teaches the skills of blueprint reading and specifications. This course enhances skills of those who have existing knowledge of construction drawings.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Understand the principles of residential and commercial construction drawings.
- Outcome 2: Interpret the elements of green building through blueprint reading and design.
- Outcome 3: Use architectural and engineer's scale.
- Outcome 4: Interpret construction abbreviations, symbols and composition.
- Outcome 5: Read floor plans, construction details, elevations, building sections, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC plans.
- Outcome 6: Understand the principles of cost estimating and related mathematics.