CNST 1000 Introduction to Construction
Overview of trades, design and management, occupations connected to building projects. Introduction to use of project documents, plans and specifications. Introduces relevant green technologies in the construction field. Practice in using measuring, hand and power tools.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Differentiate between the numerous occupations involved in the construction process.
- Outcome 2: Give examples of appropriate work ethics in the construction industry.
- Outcome 3: Give examples of different aspects of the building documents.
- Outcome 4: Recognize the importance of green technologies in the construction process.
- Outcome 5: Measure, lay-out, calculate and estimate materials.
- Outcome 6: Choose appropriate hand, power and air tools and demonstrate safe and proper usage.
- Outcome 7: Recall the merits of different building materials and fasteners for a variety of different applications.