CNIT 126 Practical Malware Analysis (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Learn how to analyze malware, including computer viruses, trojans, and rootkits, using basic static analysis and dynamic analysis, including IDA Pro and other tools.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe types of malware, including rootkits, Trojans, and viruses.
- Outcome 2: Perform basic static analysis with antivirus scanning and strings
- Outcome 3: Perform malware analysis in virtual machines
- Outcome 4: Perform basic dynamic analysis with a sandbox
- Outcome 5: Use IDA Pro to analyze assembly code and malicious Windows programs
- Outcome 6: Use OllyDbg and Win Dbg effectively
- Outcome 7: Analyze malware behavior and covert malware launching techniques
- Outcome 8: Implement and reverse data encoding methods
- Outcome 9: Use malware-focused network signatures
- Outcome 10: Describe anti-reverse-engineering methods