CNIT 120 Network Security (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Knowledge and skills to recognize security vulnerabilities, implement security measures, analyze network environments for known security threats or risks, defend against attacks or viruses, ensure data privacy and integrity. Terminology and procedures for implementation and configuration of security: access control, authorization, encryption, packet filters, firewalls and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
Preparation for CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assess areas of security concern, recognize security risks and compare internal and external threats to data and services.
- Outcome 2: Compare and contrast the different methods for securing shared resources.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate various anti-virus software programs, and compare to software and hardware firewalls.
- Outcome 4: Classify types of firewalls, including Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Outcome 5: Choose appropriate wireless security procedures to address risks.
- Outcome 6: Develop a viable plan for disaster recovery including backed up data.