CNIT 113 Technology of Smartphones & Mobile Devices (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Overview of mobile device technologies with an emphasis on smartphones and tablets. This course will introduce the technologies behind smartphones and tablets including the hardware, cellular networks, operating systems, browsers, app development process, and support needs from and individual and corporate perspective.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify mobile device hardware components, their characteristics and the tools needed to replace the components.
- Outcome 2: Differentiate the cellular network technologies as well as domestic and international considerations.
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast mobile device operating systems and browsers.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate knowledge of the mobile Web development process.
- Outcome 5: Identify support needs through the life cycle of a mobile device from both a consumer and company perspective.