CNIT 107 Wireless LANs (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Selection, installation and configuration of wireless networks, including: fundamentals and standards of wireless communication, installation of network access point, and installation, configuration and managme4nt of typical products. Also included: common applications, monitoring the network, security, troubleshooting, upgrade and modification. Students in this course should be already familiar with LAN technologies.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define the different types of Wireless Local Area Network technologies and their components.
- Outcome 2: Describe the existing industry standards for WLANs such as the IEEE 802.11.
- Outcome 3: Outline a plan to install and maintain a wireless local area network and the costs associated to it.
- Outcome 4: Describe the steps to install and configure different components of a wireless local area network such as the wireless network adapter cards, and access point.
- Outcome 5: Compare the different ways to monitor a wireless local area network.
- Outcome 6: Compare and evaluate different methods of encryption to secure a wireless local area network.
- Outcome 7: Describe the most common problems that can be found in a wireless local area network.