CNIT 105 IT Customer Support (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Overview of the concepts and procedures associated with operating a technical support center or help desk call center, with particular emphasis on technologies that can facilitate the work and generate statistics. Extensive simulated and hands-on experience, role-playing and problem solving to practice good customer service and communication skills.
Computer Support and Customer Support.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define and describe essential components of a successful help desk center.
- Outcome 2: Describe, develop, and practice good customer service and presentation skills.
- Outcome 3: Explain and establish priorities and procedures for help desk operations.
- Outcome 4: Plan roles and schedules for support teams; develop a plan for customer training.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to use and configure various technologies: fax, voice mail, email, database, web page.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate ability to locate information, resources, updates, and support from various sources.
- Outcome 7: Troubleshoot customer problems, including analysis of their root causes.
- Outcome 8: Evaluate and demonstrate computer software for help desk management.
- Outcome 9: Develop and document standards to compare, evaluate, and select appropriate software and hardware.
- Outcome 10: Monitor and analyze network performance; track trends and identify bottlenecks.
- Outcome 11: Monitor and analyze statistics; define trouble spots and areas for improvement.
- Outcome 12: Make recommendation to modify current operations to improve customer service.