CNIT 104 Operating Systems Technologies (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course provides the knowledge and skills to select and install system software, and to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems due to software configuration. Covers all aspects of the operating system, configuration files, drivers, and resource allocation. Topics include computer architecture and the interaction of hardware and software, documentation, command line operations, use of utilities for diagnostics and for configuration, and editing the Registry.
Prepares for CompTIA A+ OS certificate exams.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the operating system features and functions in different versions.
- Outcome 2: Describe the process of starting up the computer in Safe Mode and how to use appropriate recovery procedures.
- Outcome 3: Install and configure Windows operating system.
- Outcome 4: Describe the troubleshooting process of a computer boot up.
- Outcome 5: Describe the steps to install Windows Server.
- Outcome 6: Define terms related to data storage management such as: backups, compression, defragmentation.