CNIT 103 Computer Hardware (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course provides the knowledge and skills needed to install hardware , configure, repair and maintain computer systems in a typical office environment . Topics include hardware components and peripherals, assembly, upgrading and basic troubleshooting.
Prepares for CompTIA A+ certification exams.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the major hardware components, their functions, and their characteristics.
- Outcome 2: Describe proper installation, configuration, and maintenance of the major hardware components
- Outcome 3: Analyze and resolve system faults using logical troubleshooting procedures
- Outcome 4: Plan and design customized computer systems based on professional customer interactions and need assessment.
- Outcome 5: Explain proper handling of components and personal safety procedures.