CNIT 102 Operating Systems II - Command Line (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
An advanced course covering the use Windows command shells, such as CMD, netsh, nslookup, and PowerShell and CMD shell programs. This course is especially for students planning to take a certificate with concentration in Windows server and client administration, Networking or Hardware, and for advanced Windows shells to create scripts manage Windows severs, Cisco routers and switches and VMware virtual servers.
Offered on occasion
Manage operating system from the command line (formerly DOS).
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the main components of a Windows shell.
- Outcome 2: Explain the functional differences between the various Windows shells and the shell commands.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate the various system utilities for disk and file manipulation and demonstrate the ability to correctly use them.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate the use of shell commands and shell programs.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate an understanding of PowerShell cmdlets.
- Outcome 6: Create, modify and debug shell scripts and demonstrate the ability to use them.