CNIT 100 Introduction to Computers Using PCs (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A computer literacy course using IBM-compatible computers. Prepares students to use computers to write papers, organize information, and use e-mail. Overview of computer components, hardware and software. Fundamentals of the Windows and other operating systems and applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and e-mail and the Internet. Students use computers to complete their class assignments.
This course uses Microsoft Office 2013.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the components of computers systems, such as hardware, software, and data.
- Outcome 2: Classify and use the main components of Windows such as menus, windows, dialog boxes, and icons.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate and correctly use productivity software to create, format and edit documents, spreadsheets, databases and presentations
- Outcome 4: Identify security threats and describe techniques for protection.
- Outcome 5: Describe the basic components of networks and telecommunications.
- Outcome 6: Identify the components of the Internet and how to access features such as the World Wide Web and email.