CM 248 Construction Project Administration (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Principles and practical applications of construction project administration with an emphasis on construction-phase services. Topics include: an overview of project administration throughout the phases of a construction project; the contractual and regulatory environment of construction projects; the development of a project procedures manual; computer-based project administration.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze the construction project delivery system, identifying the organizational structure and comparing the respective roles, responsibilities and levels of authority of each project participant.
- Outcome 2: Assess the various phases of a construction project and associate the project administration tasks appropriate to each phase, as well as the contractual and regulatory considerations and restraints associated with the administration of a construction project.
- Outcome 3: Describe the role of the project engineer during the construction phase of a project, relating the contractual responsibilities of the project engineer to the specific tasks that must be carried out in the administration of a construction contract.
- Outcome 4: Produce a project procedures manual for the construction-phase administration of a project.
- Outcome 5: Manage a construction project utilizing computer software.