CM 100 Fundamentals of Construction Management (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to the basic concepts of construction project management including: the building design and construction process; project participants, their roles and responsibilities. Areas of focus to include the application of the principles of contracts in relation to construction projects, estimating, scheduling and project control.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compare and contrast the roles and responsibilities of construction project participants.
- Outcome 2: Differentiate among different project delivery and contracting methods, and their relationship to project risk.
- Outcome 3: Describe the estimating process, identifying the information required to construct an estimate, differentiating between types of estimates and relating their appropriate use to the different phases of the construction process
- Outcome 4: Differentiate among methods of scheduling and relate their appropriate use to the different phases of the construction process
- Outcome 5: Assess the relationship between the determination of project resources, estimating and scheduling, and the integration of project estimates and schedules for analysis and control of construction projects