CINE 131 Directing Motion Pictures (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: CINE 24
and 25; and completion of or concurrent enrollment in CINE 54
The function of the film director from script to screen through development and execution of single-camera-style projects. Emphasis is on script analysis, previsualization planning and blocking, crew management and working with actors.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze professionally written scenes for character analysis, subtext and conflict.
- Outcome 2: Interpret performance styles and techniques for actors
- Outcome 3: Translate scripts into pre-production documents.
- Outcome 4: Identify the responsibilities of the director.
- Outcome 5: Analyze performance, continuity and pacing of edited scene.