CHIN 4 Continuation of Intermediate Chinese (5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Intermediate grammar, composition and reading. Practice in speaking and understanding Mandarin. Understanding of Chinese culture.
Offered on occasion
Requires an additional 1 hour.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compose and translate written Chinese discourses that demonstrate an understanding of vocabulary, expressions, and grammar at an intermediate level, including constructing a coherent composition of about 400-450 characters with the aid of a dictionary.
- Outcome 2: Use intermediate-level listening strategies to engage effectively in daily activities in Chinese.
- Outcome 3: Sustain intermediate-level conversations in Chinese in everyday situations.
- Outcome 4: Recognize cultural appropriateness of language choices and apply learned knowledge in culturally appropriate situations.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate analytical reading and comprehension skills of the Chinese language at the intermediate-level.