CHIN 3B Intermediate Chinese (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Grammar, composition and reading. Practice in speaking and understanding Mandarin. Understanding of Chinese culture. Not for speakers of Mandarin.
Offered on occasion
Requires an additional 1 hour.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and use appropriate vocabulary and idiomatic expressions in a culturally acceptable way.
- Outcome 2: Recognize and produce sentences showing correct word order, through translation and composition.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate comprehension of and respond to daily-life situations orally.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to narrate and describe, with paragraph-length connected discourse, both orally and in writing.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write a coherent composition of about 300-350 characters with the aid of a dictionary.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate ability to apply learned knowledge in culturally appropriate real life situations.