CHIN 3A Intermediate Chinese (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: CHIN 2
or 2B or demonstration of CHIN 2/2B exit skills.
Grammar, composition and reading. Practice in speaking and understanding Mandarin. Understanding of Chinese culture. Not for speakers of Mandarin.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and use appropriate vocabulary and idiomatic expressions in a culturally acceptable way.
- Outcome 2: Recognize and produce sentences showing correct word order, through translation and composition.
- Outcome 3: Comprehend and respond to functional conversation.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to narrate and describe, with paragraph-length connected discourse, both orally and in writing.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write a coherent composition of about 250-300 characters with the aid of a dictionary.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate ability to apply learned knowledge in culturally appropriate real life situations.