CHIN 3A Intermediate Chinese (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: CHIN 2
or 2B or demonstration of CHIN 2/2B exit skills.
Grammar, composition and reading. Practice in speaking and understanding Mandarin. Understanding of Chinese culture. Not for speakers of Mandarin.
Offered Fall semesters
Requires an additional 1 hour.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and use appropriate vocabulary and idiomatic expressions in a culturally acceptable way.
- Outcome 2: Recognize and produce sentences showing correct word order, through translation and composition.
- Outcome 3: Comprehend and respond to functional conversation.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to narrate and describe, with paragraph-length connected discourse, both orally and in writing.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write a coherent composition of about 250-300 characters with the aid of a dictionary.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate ability to apply learned knowledge in culturally appropriate real life situations.