CHIN 33 Chinese Culture for Heritage Learners (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A consideration of the humanistic tradition of China and the major achievements of Chinese culture as reflected in language, literature, art, craft and daily life. Taught in Chinese.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze important elements of Chinese culture and civilization unique to Chinese culture.
- Outcome 2: Analyze influences of valued Chinese virtues and their influences to the Japanese and Korean cultures.
- Outcome 3: Define and contrast the thoughts and contribution of major Chinese philosophers.
- Outcome 4: Comprehend the development of Chinese culture and their relationships to other countries in East Asia.
- Outcome 5: Assess important Chinese technological scientific inventions and achievements from antiquity to 19th century.
- Outcome 6: Analyze the characteristics of various Chinese literary traditions.
- Outcome 7: Analyze the various artistic expressions and their importance in Chinese culture throughout the ages.
- Outcome 8: Identify customs, traditions and lives of Chinese people and their influences to Japan and Korea.