CHIN 3 Intermediate Chinese (5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: CHIN 2
or 2B or demonstration of CHIN 2/2B exit skills.
Grammar, composition and reading. Practice in speaking and understanding Mandarin. Understanding of Chinese culture. Not for speakers of Mandarin.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize and produce sentences showing appropriate vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, correct word order, through translation and composition.
- Outcome 2: Use listening strategies appropriate for engagement in daily activities.
- Outcome 3: Use speaking functions appropriate for engagement in daily activities.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to, narrate and describe, with paragraph-length connected discourse, both orally and in writing.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write a coherent composition of about 300-350 characters with the aid of a dictionary.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate ability to apply learned knowledge in culturally appropriate real life situations.