CHIN 3 Intermediate Chinese (5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: CHIN 2
or 2B or demonstration of CHIN 2/2B exit skills.
Grammar, composition and reading. Practice in speaking and understanding Mandarin. Understanding of Chinese culture. Not for speakers of Mandarin.
Offered on occasion
Requires an additional 2 hours.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize and produce sentences showing appropriate vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, correct word order, through translation and composition.
- Outcome 2: Use listening strategies appropriate for engagement in daily activities.
- Outcome 3: Use speaking functions appropriate for engagement in daily activities.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to, narrate and describe, with paragraph-length connected discourse, both orally and in writing.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write a coherent composition of about 300-350 characters with the aid of a dictionary.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate ability to apply learned knowledge in culturally appropriate real life situations.