CDEV 98 Sensory-Motor Development and Activities in Early Childhood Programs (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion/concurrent enrollment in CDEV 53
Overview of sensory motor development in young children; developmentally appropriate sensory motor activities and experiences; and the relationship of physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development to brain development in young children.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the principles of sensory motor development
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of sensory motor functioning to children's physical, cognitive and social-emotional development.
- Outcome 3: Identify the correlation of brain development to children's learning and sociaIemotional development.
- Outcome 4: Design sensory motor curriculum in a developmentally appropriate environment for young children.
- Outcome 5: Examine assessment and observational methods specific to sensory motor development.