CDEV 86 Advanced Supervised Field Experience in the Early Childhood Setting (4)
Lec-52.5, work-60 to 75, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat:: CDEV 71, 72, 75, 78, 86, AND 114 COMBINED, maximum credit: 16 units
Building upon CDEV 72
, students will further their practical teaching experience in the early childhood setting. Explores intentional teaching, personalizes students' teaching experiences and expands their reflective, self evaluative abilities.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Evaluate the effectiveness of intentional teaching related to early childhood curriculum, the classroom, teaching strategies and building relationships with families to support their children's development and learning.
- Outcome 2: Examine and apply intentional teaching in the early childhood setting.
- Outcome 3: Identify and utilize best practices to support intentional teaching in the early childhood setting.
- Outcome 4: Plan developmentally appropriate activities that are based on observation and assessment of young children.
- Outcome 5: Assess one's own intentional teaching experiences to guide and inform practice.