CDEV 85 Relationship-based Infant/Toddler Care (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Principles and practices of relationship-based care that support infant/toddler social-emotional development, learning during routine care and play activities, and development of language and communication. The parent-provider partnership is explored as key to understanding children and keeping them connected to the family and culture.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze how program policies support relationships in infant/toddler care.
- Outcome 2: Describe a child's behavior with an understanding of social-emotional development and possible underlying causes of that behavior.
- Outcome 3: Create a nurturing learning environment that supports relationships in group care.
- Outcome 4: Plan activities that actively engage and support infant/toddler learning.
- Outcome 5: Compare practices that strengthen or challenge the parent-provider partnership.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate infant/toddler care practices for cultural sensitivity.