CDEV 8202 Foster Parenting
Exploration of the role of the foster parent. Emphasis placed on human development from birth through adolescence. Topics include separation and grieving; drug and sexual education for adolescents; the roles of foster parents and biological parents; community resources including the agency and placement worker. Fulfills requirements of the California Community FKCE Licensing mandated in-service curriculum.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify research and discuss child development theory and practice as related to children in out-of-home placement.
- Outcome 2: Describe typical behavior and development of children 0 to 22 years of age.
- Outcome 3: Describe the value of setting limits and providing positive guidance.
- Outcome 4: Distinguish between the roles of foster parents and biological parents.
- Outcome 5: Identify community resources to enhance care of youth in care.