CDEV 8112 The Preschool Child in Child Care
Study of child growth and development in laboratory setting. Provides a laboratory learning environment for observing children, three to five years old.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Discuss the ages and stages of development of the preschool child.
- Outcome 2: Describe normative behavior of children three to five years old.
- Outcome 3: Identify the impact of stress on young children.
- Outcome 4: Explain the importance of adult/child communication.
- Outcome 5: Discuss the value of setting limits and positive guidance.
- Outcome 6: Identify learning styles in children three to five years old.