CDEV 8104 Parent Participating Class
An exploration of early childhood development with an emphasis on parent/child relationships, community resources and parent/child communication. Discussion of the developmental needs of children 2-5 years. Parents attend 5-17 hours per week.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize typical behavior and development of children 30 months to 5 years.
- Outcome 2: Discuss the role of play in the development of children 30 months to 5 years.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the value of setting limits and positive guidance.
- Outcome 4: Discuss family expectations of preschool children.
- Outcome 5: Identify the important effects of good nutrition on behavior and learning.