CDEV 8101 The Child Development Lab School
A focused study of child growth and development and family resources utilizing laboratory child development facilities. Practice in utilizing teaching techniques while interacting with young children, 18 mos-5 yrs old. Provide educational opportunities and community service resource information for students and parents.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Examine cultural, parental and family expectations of preschool children.
- Outcome 2: Examine normative development and behavior of children 18 months-5 years.
- Outcome 3: Identify the importance of good nutrition on behavior and learning.
- Outcome 4: Identify appropriate family community resources.
- Outcome 5: Analyze the role of play in the development of preschool age children.