CDEV 81 Early Literacy Development-Preschool Child (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Strategies in preschool to develop language, pre-reading and pre-writing skills. Selecting books and materials; engaging children in shared literary experiences, promoting skills and early experiments with print. Issues and strategies for second language learners.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Select engaging books with consideration for child interests and culture.
- Outcome 2: Identify strategies to support language development in one or more languages.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate strategies for print rich environments and pre-writing experiences.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate activities to support alphabetic principles and phonological awareness.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate how literacy is embedded in learning activities throughout the program.