CDEV 8003 Infant Development
Informal discussion on the growth and development of infants 8-14 months are held in an enriched play environment. Topics include physical/sensory-motor, social-emotional, cognitive and language development. Influence of parenting styles, family life, and the infant's impact on the family would be covered.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe typical behavior and development of infants 8-14 months.
- Outcome 2: Explain the value of gross motor play in physical and cognitive development.
- Outcome 3: Describe the stages of language development and identify ways to facilitate them.
- Outcome 4: Evaluate health, safety, and nutrition practices and adjust them as needed.
- Outcome 5: Identify symptoms of parental stress and anxiety and propose appropriate solutions for dealing with these issues.