CDEV 8002 Parents and Infants
Informal lecture and discussion on Infant Development during the first seven months of life and on issues of concern to new parents. Course will cover characteristics of normal infant development, daily routines and feeding practices, and impact of the infant on the family.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe typical behavior and development of infants 0-7 months.
- Outcome 2: Explain the value of gross motor play in physical and cognitive development.
- Outcome 3: Describe the stages of language development and identify ways to facilitate it.
- Outcome 4: Evaluate health, safety, and nutrition practices and adjust them as needed.
- Outcome 5: Identify the symptoms of parental stress, and support systems appropriate to parenting needs.