CDEV 78 Supervised Field Experience in Community Youth Organizations (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat: CDEV 71, 72, 75, 78, 86, AND 114 COMBINED, maximum credit: 16 units
Supervised work experience in youth-serving agencies to make connections between theory and practice. Observation and evaluation of school-age children and youth, planning of group activities, and the role of adults in youth programs will be examined in this course. This course fulfills the requirement for the Community Youth Worker Certificate.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze the components of youth development principles observed at fieldwork site.
- Outcome 2: Design, implement, assess, and evaluate the effectiveness of individual and group activities and teaching strategies appropriate to a youth-serving program.
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast varied approaches, strategies and techniques supporting positive relationships with school-age children and/or youth, staff and families.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and examine leadership roles in youth-serving organizations, and the role of adults, both administrators and youth workers.
- Outcome 5: Critically assess one's own fieldwork experiences to guide and inform practice.