CDEV 75 High School Supervised Field Experience (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat: CDEV 71, 72, 75, 78, 86, AND 114 COMBINED, maximum credit: 16 units
This course provides supervised fieldwork in high school or middle school classrooms. Lab hours in SFUSD classrooms will be combined with lectures covering observation, evaluation and curriculum planning strategies, Common Core standards, adult roles and the student-learner. This course fulfills the pre-admissions field experience requirement for CSU credential programs.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Explain the components of a developmentally appropriate secondary school classroom.
- Outcome 2: Identify individual and group activities appropriate to secondary school settings
- Outcome 3: Examine the various roles of the adult in school settings and define the components of teamwork needed in a successful school.
- Outcome 4: Explain the intent of the Common Core Standards for 6-12th grade and their impact on curriculum development.
- Outcome 5: Describe assessments, testing, curriculum planning and pedagogy