CDEV 72 Supervised Field Experience in Early Childhood (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat: CDEV 71
, 72, 75, 78, 86, AND 114 COMBINED, maximum credit: 16 units
A demonstration of early childhood teaching competencies under guided supervision. Practical classroom experiences linking theory and practice, professionalism, and comprehensive understanding of children and families. Child centered, play-oriented teaching, learning, assessment and curriculum emphasized as students design, implement and evaluate experiences for development and learning for all young children.
C-ID ECE 210
This class requires 90 hours of fieldwork in approved ECE sites
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Integrate understandings of children's development and needs to develop and maintain healthy, safe, respectful, supportive and challenging learning environments for all children.
- Outcome 2: Evaluate the effectiveness of an early childhood curriculum, classroom, teaching strategies and how teachers involve families in their children's development and learning to improve teaching practices for all children.
- Outcome 3: Design, implement and evaluate curriculum activities that are based on observation and assessment of young children.
- Outcome 4: Apply a variety of effective approaches, strategies and techniques supporting positive relationships with children and adults.
- Outcome 5: Critically assess one's own teaching experiences to guide and inform practice.
- Outcome 6: Examine the leadership roles in quality Early Childhood Education Programs.