CDEV 62 Infant/Toddler Care in Group Settings (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to relationship-based care in infant/toddler programs supported by current brain development research. Curriculum planning is based on observation, meeting infants/toddlers’ needs and providing positive guidance. Focus is on primary care, continuity of care, individualized care in small groups.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe elements of high quality relationship-based care in infant/toddler program.
- Outcome 2: Understand that building positive partnerships with families is essential in the care and education of infants and toddlers.
- Outcome 3: Recognize and acknowledge that infants & toddlers have their own curriculum that is based on their needs in all developmental aspects.
- Outcome 4: Apply high quality Infant/Toddler group care elements into teaching practice.
- Outcome 5: Design an Infant/Toddler Program based on the principle that infants and toddlers learn within a relationship with a secure adult.