CDEV 41W Exploring Science in Family Child Care (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
An active exploration of the materials and strategies that can support young children's interest in how the world works. Emphasis on the natural and physical sciences and the promotion of inquiry-based experiences in family child care.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Select materials that reveal knowledge of the physical and natural world and its processes.
- Outcome 2: Create a learning environment that encourages active investigation of the natural and physical world.
- Outcome 3: Plan science curriculum that grows from children's curiosity and is integrated with the total curriculum: language, literacy, math, creative arts, and social skills.
- Outcome 4: Appraise teaching strategies that enhance curiosity and guide science inquiry.
- Outcome 5: Choose local resources and natural environments for scientific explorations.