CDEV 41M Sub-Teaching in ECE Programs (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Emphasis on strategies for working with children, staff, administrators and families in new and rotating child care settings.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate appropriate practices working as a substitute teacher or assistant in a child care program.
- Outcome 2: Develop strategies for successful communication with children, families and staff in child care programs.
- Outcome 3: Define workplace rights and responsibilities for substitute staff in child care programs.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate knowledge of Title 22 and Title V regulations for licensed facilities including teacher child ratios, staff qualifications, child abuse reporting and emergency procedures.
- Outcome 5: Apply culturally and developmentally appropriate activities for young children in group care.