CDEV 41M Substitute Teaching in ECE Programs (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Emphasis on strategies for working with children, staff, administrators and families in new and rotating child care settings.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Develop strategies for successful communication with children, families and staff in child care programs.
- Outcome 2: Define workplace rights and responsibilities for substitute staff in child care programs.
- Outcome 3: Create culturally and developmentally appropriate activities for young children in group care.
- Outcome 4: Explain Title 22 and Title V regulations that apply to licensed child care facilities, including teacher child ratios, staff qualifications, child abuse reporting, and emergency procedures.
- Outcome 5: Use appropriate practices while working in the capacity of a substitute teacher.