CDEV 41L Advocacy & Professional Standards in ECE (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Professional standards in child development including quality rating scales, the profession’s code of ethics, and strategies for advocacy.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate knowledge of quality rating scales and child care program assessment tools.
- Outcome 2: Recognize key indicators of ethical and professional standards in the field.
- Outcome 3: Define the role of the children's advocate and the need for advocacy for children's and families' issues.
- Outcome 4: Compare levels ofprofessional development and expected competencies at each level.
- Outcome 5: Locate resources for professional development in San Francisco.
- Outcome 6: Identify partners and community agencies involved in advocacy and professional development.