CDEV 41I Advanced Business Practices in Family Child Care (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Overview of the operation of a family child care. Information on continuous compliance with licensing requirements, procedures for a successful business, marketing and meeting the developmental needs of young children in group care.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Understand the multiple roles of the family child care provider.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate knowledge of the Title 22 licensing requirements for family child care.
- Outcome 3: Recognize key indicators of quality group care home environments.
- Outcome 4: Develop strategies to manage the business aspects of family child care.
- Outcome 5: Understand the developmental needs of children in group settings.
- Outcome 6: Identify community resources for successful family child care businesses.
- Outcome 7: Analyze the social issues that effect families and the provision of child care.