CDEV 41E Starting A Large Family Child Care or Center (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Requirements for opening a child cares center or family child care or expanding an existing family child care. Emphasis on space and programmatic considerations, including those unique to San Francisco. Strategies for the provision of quality, developmentally appropriate and culturally relevant services to children and families.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize key principles of developmental needs and supportive practices for children in the context of group care.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate knowledge of laws, regulations and community resources licensed group care for young children.
- Outcome 3: Identify key factors of child care programs and facilities.
- Outcome 4: Develop funding and financing strategies for program operation.
- Outcome 5: Examine community needs assessments for child care and marketing strategies.
- Outcome 6: Analyze staff training and educational requirements for child care center personnel.