CDEV 41D The Child Development Permit and Professional Growth Advising (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Overview of the Child Development Permit Matrix, including the application process, recent changes and requirements for education and experience. Emphasis on the role of the Professional Growth Advisor using the "California Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Competencies". Utilizing the CA ECE Registry and the role of the Registry in tracking professional development and academic coursework will also be covered.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Examine the history and rationale for the Child Development Permit, and the role of the Professional Growth Advisor.
- Outcome 2: Analyze the application process for the CDEV Permit and steps to satisfying requirements for the permit and describe the role of the Professional Growth Advisor.
- Outcome 3: Provide professional advising to peers in the field of early childhood.
- Outcome 4: Document professional development activities effectively.
- Outcome 5: Apply the California Early Childhood Competencies to the various levels of the Child Development Permit.