CDEV 125 Children's Emotional Development (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Learn about emotional development of young children and strategies for building emotional competence and supporting children's social-emotional development. This course emphasizes fostering social-emotional coping strategies for children and teachers.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize developmental milestones and skills in the typical emotional development of young children.
- Outcome 2: Plan strategies for building children's emotional competence and coping skills.
- Outcome 3: Describe mental health challenges faced by young children and their families, including assessment, community resources, and effective tools to identify challenges.
- Outcome 4: Identify connections between children's early social emotional experiences and adolescent/adult social emotional outcomes.
- Outcome 5: Analyze coping strategies regarding stress, anger and frustration.