CDEV 120 Special Education TK-12 (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to basic issues in special education TK-12 including legal rights of children with disabilities and their families, Individual Educational Plans (IEPs), 'dis'ability awareness, inclusion, overview of common learning differences, collaboration strategies and community resources.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize legal rights of children with disabilities and their families (including the IEP).
- Outcome 2: Assess perspectives of and sensitivity to children with disabilities and their families.
- Outcome 3: Distinguish collaboration strategies for working with parents and other professionals.
- Outcome 4: Identify core elements of an inclusive environment and develop inclusive adapted activities for children with common learning differences.
- Outcome 5: Describe community resources available to support educational professionals serving children with disabilities and their families.