CDEV 11D Child Care Disaster Prep (0.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Training for childcare personnel on how to develop their own program plan for disaster management and emergency preparedness. Instruction in preparing for and effectively dealing with, and recovery from emergency and crisis situations. A City College of San Francisco Childcare Disaster Preparedness certificate of attendance will be awarded to those who qualify. Fulfills the partial continuing education requirement of the AB 243 mandated Health and Safety Training established by the State EMS Authority for Childcare Providers.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define the disaster response role of the care provider.
- Outcome 2: Discuss and practice environmental preparation, response planning and assessing survival needs in a child care setting.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the need for staff disaster education and training as well as parent involvement.
- Outcome 4: Examine and employ the four child care disaster management procedure polices.
- Outcome 5: Describe and demonstrate when and how to turn off gas, electrical, and water utility devices in a residential and school setting.
- Outcome 6: Discuss the principles of fire safety, including techniques for extinguishing various kinds of fires and how to notify the fire department.
- Outcome 7: Demonstrate competency on how to operate different types of fire extinguishers.
- Outcome 8: Discuss the emergency communication capabilities and procedures.
- Outcome 9: Discuss and demonstrate the systematic procedures for sweeping buildings, locating victims and rescuing trapped person.
- Outcome 10: Examine the four rescue rules and demonstrate correct lifting and rescue carries.
- Outcome 11: Explain the principles and techniques of first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and triage.
- Outcome 12: Describe the techniques and distribution for storage of food and waters in the child care setting.
- Outcome 13: Discuss emergency sanitation provisions.
- Outcome 14: Discuss and state the six response and recovery procedure policies.