CDEV 114 Work Experience in Child Development (1-3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat: CDEV 71, 72, 75, 78, 86, and 114 combined, maximum credit: 16 units.
This course will provide on or off-campus experience in early childhood/child development, K -12 classroom, after-school or youth work settings. The focus will be on providing practical experience in the methods and principles of teaching in early childhood and school-age classrooms. Emphasis will be placed on the role of the teacher in the field experience setting.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Observe child development theory in practical application and identify how an environment and setting meets the developmental needs of children.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate self-assessment skills and the ability to inventory workplace competencies.
- Outcome 3: Use ethical and professional behavior in the work setting.
- Outcome 4: Discuss, compare, and contrast work experience placement and role of child care and education in the community.
- Outcome 5: Assess suitability of child development and education for career options.