CDEV 110 Jumpstart and Preschool Children (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Intensive practice in observations, interactions and set-up of preschool environments that support literacy and language development. Lectures, readings, films and discussions on how to work with young children.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify stages of the preschool child's development.
- Outcome 2: Analyze social and emotional development as it relates to the preschool child's family and community.
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast a variety of effective approaches, strategics and techniques supporting the preschool child's learning environment.
- Outcome 4: Examine and apply strategies that promote effective language and literacy development in the preschool child.
- Outcome 5: Plan appropriate teaching strategies based on preschool child observations