CDEV 106 Exploring Science in Early Childhood Education (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Early childhood teachers will explore materials and teaching strategies that support young children’s interest in and understanding of science and the natural world.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate an understanding of how scientific study enhances all aspects of early childhood development.
- Outcome 2: Explore materials and scientific equipment through hands-on activities incorporating the physical, earth and life sciences through early childhood curriculum.
- Outcome 3: Create an integrated learning environment that promotes active investigation and use of the scientific method.
- Outcome 4: Plan science curriculum that grows from children's curiosity and developmental needs and is integrated with the total curriculum: language, literacy, math, creative arts, and social skills development.
- Outcome 5: Identify resources on many aspects of science curriculum and local natural wildlife environments appropriate for young children for future scientific exploration.